Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hallowe'en: The curtain lifts between the worlds tonight...

There is a well worn saying in my family that I often keep in mind when entering very old cemeteries, and it is, "You've more to fear from the living than the dead". Nevertheless, at times I have found myself feeling quite unsettled in certain cemeteries, none more than Mount Jerome in Harold's Cross, Dublin. In the past I've talked about the strange weather I've encountered here, and the whispers which have at times filled the air as I wandered through this place alone. Since the curtain lifts between the worlds tonight on All Hallows Eve, I thought I'd share with you some of the areas of the cemetery in which I have felt less than comfortable, and thought perhaps I was not alone.
Among the tombs on The Long Walk.  After a heavy rain there seemed to be an odd mist lingering in the air.
In the lane of crypt doorways below ground level.  Whenever I find myself down here I wonder why it is I do this.
Crypt doorways on the left hand side.
Emerging from below ground level, the gravel was slippery and the hair on the back of my neck was definitely standing up.
In the midst of summer, on a bright August day, fall had already come to this place, and there's that mist in the air again.
Check out this post: Whispers in Mount Jerome, about another unsettling Mount Jerome experience.
Also, check out the Gresham family vault, built for a lady who feared being buried alive.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...